On behalf of the EOD Warrior Foundation, we would like to welcome you to the 2019-2020 EOD Warrior Foundation Scholarship. The Foundation firmly believes that the future leaders of the next generation are found in the classroom right now and would like to provide assistance to those that demonstrate excellence both in and outside the academic setting.
For students that applied or were awarded the scholarship last year, please use the same login information to get a jump start on this year’s process. You will notice that upon login, many fields will be completed using information from the previous year! Please make sure that all information is accurate and provide the updated transcripts required to be eligible for this year’s review.
For those that are new to the application, please read through the requirements on the home page and create an account on the right-hand side of the screen.
We look forward to reviewing the applications!
The application period will open on November 12, 2018. The deadline for submissions of application materials is February 22, 2019 (11:59 pm EST). Late materials and incomplete application packages will not be considered for an award. For an application to be deemed complete, each applicant must click "Submit" prior to February 22nd.
Completed Applications Contain:
- Sponsor signature page with the applicant and sponsor signatures, or death certificate in lieu of sponsor signature.
- Official Transcript from grades 9-12. Transcripts are to be requested by each applicant and uploaded when received. Official transcripts must contain a GPA and need to be signed by a representative of the respective school. Transcripts sent to the EOD Warrior Foundation without special arrangements may not be utilized.
-For those attending a two or four-year institution, applicants must submit an Official Transcript from their respected university. Transcripts are to be requested by each applicant and uploaded when received. Official transcripts must contain a GPA and need to be signed by a representative of the respective school. Transcripts sent to the EOD Warrior Foundation without special arrangements may not be utilized.
- DD214 or Purple Heart Award for those requesting Wounded Warrior Preference.
- OPTIONAL: Two letters of recommendation (from a non-family member).
- OPTIONAL: Personal Statement
Please note that there are different levels of Scholarship Awards which are based upon the Scholarship Committee's ranking of all Applicant submissions. Therefore, in addition to the required documentation, the OPTIONAL Personal Statement and the OPTIONAL Recommendation Letters often help to distinguish yourself and to highlight your accomplishments and unique characteristics from other candidates.
Applicants must be the child, step-child, spouse, grandchild, or other DOD recognized dependent of a graduate of NAVSCOLEOD.
No applicant will be awarded more than four scholarships.
Children or DOD recognized dependents must be 23 years or younger.
There is no age limit for spouses.
NAVSCOLEOD graduates are not eligible for scholarship awards.
Active duty service members are not eligible for scholarship awards regardless of relationship to NAVSCOLEOD graduates.
Service Academy Cadets are not eligible for scholarship awards as they are considered to be on active duty.
Scholarships will only be granted for initial 2 years or 4 years regionally accredited degree programs.
Award Evaluation and Criteria
The application will be evaluated across the following 8 categories:
- Grade Point Average (unweighted)
- Volunteerism and Community Involvement
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Paid Employment
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Overall Impression
Successful applicants demonstrate strong academics and a strong writing ability, combined with community involvement and have demonstrated an ability to manage their time effectively. This application should provide the Scholarship Committee with a good overall picture of the individual and student you are and should present you as a competitive candidate by making sure that the Scholarship Committee can clearly note what you are capable of and what you have done for your community.
Wounded Warriors and Gold Star Applicants
Applicants whose sponsor is a Fallen EOD Warrior or Wounded EOD Warrior will automatically be awarded a scholarship if they submit a complete application by the application deadline.
Notifications will be sent by mail in late April 2019.
- Award payments are made directly to the educational institution on behalf of the award recipient.
- Award payments will be made upon receipt of proof of full-time enrollment (part-time for spouses) by the educational institution for the academic award year.
- Award recipients must maintain the enrollment status (part-time for spouses, full-time for all others) throughout the award year. If the enrollment status changes, the remaining funds within the scholarship account may be returned to the Foundation.